VFX: Assistant Technical Director EPA
The Assistant Technical Director EPA is the end-point assessment for this level 4 standard. Visual effects (VFX) is the term used to describe any imagery created, altered or enhanced for moving media. They involve the integration of live-action footage and computer-generated imagery to create images which look realistic but would be dangerous, costly, or simply impossible to capture during live-action shooting.
Assistant technical directors (ATDs) may perform a diverse series of technical support functions in order to ensure the smooth running of a visual effects project.
- Completion of a portfolio, that the apprentice can use to support the professional discussion
- Level 2 English and maths
- Portfolio submitted to AIM once the apprentice has gone through the gateway
- Knowledge test – a two-hour exam covering underpinning knowledge. To be held at the training provider or employer premises, invigilated by AIM
- Synoptic activity - a six-hour test of technical skills to be held at the training provider or employer premises invigilated by AIM
- Professional discussion - a 45-minute session with our assessor to be held at the training provider or employer premises or via Skype
Indicative duration of assessment
Usually completed within four weeks of gateway (subject to availability of facilities and assessor).
Find out more
Find out more on the Institute for Apprenticeships & Technical Education website
If you would like to speak to our team about AIM end-point assessment services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.