Q How do I gain access to the portal?
Q How do I register my learners?
A Learner registrations are submitted via the Quartz portal. Users need to ensure they are logged in as 'Administration Contact' before selecting 'Actions' and then 'Register your learners here'. Once on the 'Register your learners here' page, there is a statement at the top of the drop-downs which is 'E Registration Template - Click Here' This will then open an EXCEL spreadsheet for the centre to complete.
This spreadsheet needs to be completed and then saved on the centre's system. Once the spreadsheet is completed and saved, the drop-down can then be completed. In the first drop down the programme/course needs to be selected and then in the second drop down the qualification will need to be selected.
Once these two drop-downs have been completed the 'Continue' in the bottom right needs to be selected before the next page will open. On the next page, there will be a series of drop-downs that now need to be completed. These drop-downs include a start date and end date for the course, the site in which the course is being done at and also the Course Leader, Internal Verifier and External Verifier. Once all of these drop-downs have been completed it is time for the E Registration template to be uploaded.
At the bottom, there will be a 'Choose File' button. This is where the E Registration template needs to be selected from the centre's system. Once the centre has completed all of the drop-downs with the accurate information and has selected the correct file to upload they can then select 'submit'.
Q What is the time scale for receiving certificates?
Q Do we need to submit staff CVs for every qualification we apply for?
Q How do I find my learners log in sheet for their online examination?
Q Where abouts is our centre's run in the process?
Q Who is my account team?
Q How can I change my password?
Q Can I get some training on the portal?
Q How do I apply for a qualification?
A You should apply through MIA. A video guide and link can be found here.
Q What courses do I have approval for?
Q Where do I sign up for EV roadshow?
To book your EV activity, please visit the EV activity page for our booking form and more information.
Q How do I add a course leader in the Portal?
Q How do we get e-certification?
can be downloaded directly from Quartz Portal.
To download e-certificates:
- Click ‘Actions’, then ‘Your Runs’
- Find the relevant run and select the Run ID
- Select the relevant learners for e-certification in the learner registration menu, using the tick boxes to the left
- Expand the e-certificate menu
- Enter and make note of encryption password of your choice. (This is not set by AIM)
- A ‘zip’ file will be created containing all the certificates you’ve requested (encrypted with the password you’ve chosen). NB: Your browser will prompt you to save the file.
- You can then print the certificate or send it electronically to the learner.
Q How do I schedule for an online exam?
the same, however once the learners have been registered you must schedule the learners for the
examination. This must be done or your learners will not have access to the exam.
To schedule an online exam;
- Click ‘Actions’, then ‘Your Runs’
- Find the relevant Run and select the Run ID
- Click ‘Results’, then ‘Assessment Scheduling’
- Select the relevant unit from the dropdown menu
- Enter the Assessment Start and End date/time
- Select the check box ‘Show all Eligible Learners’, tick the learners who will be sitting the exam on this
- Click ‘Submit’
will provide you with credentials for the XAMS (external online examination) platform. Here you will be
able to download your learner’s log in sheets, view the learner’s results once they have undertaken the
examination and generate any reports.
Q How do I enquire about a published qualification exam result?
A The AIM Results Enquiry Service is available for centres who wish to enquire about published qualification assessment results, normally in cases where the results vary considerably from those expected.
An enquiry may be made on behalf of one or more than one learner and is a formal written request from the centre to AIM for a review of the assessment decision relating to qualifications. A copy of the guidance notes can be downloaded.